Earlier today Activision announced that the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 expansion pack titled 'Awakening', will be heading to PS3. Treyarch originally stated that the first batch of DLC would not hit last generation consoles, so this does come as a suprise to many gamers.
The Awakening DLC first launched on PS4 back in Febuarary due to the new Call of Duty & PlayStation exclusivity deal. Xbox One and PC recently just got theirs early this month while the PS3 version is slated for an April 5 release. No word on a Xbox 360 version.
Awakening comes bundled with 4 new maps and brand new zombie map for $15, check down below to get the full details on the DLC:
- Skyjacked: High above urban Zurich, Skyjacked is a modernized version of the popular Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer map Hijacked. Utilizing the new core movement system featured in Black Ops 3, this map gives players new ways to explore the environment, while still retaining the same fast and frenetic gameplay players love.
- Splash: Dive into battle in this abandoned water park, featuring a vibrant and colorful environment, including waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship and a lazy river. Splash encourages an open flow of combat with opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Gauntlet: Delivering three unique environments within one action-packed map, Gauntlet showcases Treyarch's classic three-lane map structure, transporting players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero arctic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Rise: A versatile multiplayer map, Rise is set on the snowy outskirts of Zurich in the middle of an ongoing construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. With multiple engagement areas throughout this larger map, each section caters to different styles of gameplay.
- Der Eisendrache. Set in a chilling medieval Austrian castle during World War II, Der Eisendrache features Origin characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey as they unravel the horrors that occurred there and battle waves of the undead.
In related Call of Duty news, rumors for the next Call of Duty game have settled on it being a sequel to Ghosts, but the new rumor puts Call of Duty in the future like Black Ops 3, but this time in zero gravity.
Reports from Shinobi and Eurogamer have coincided, suggesting that the game will be set in the "very far future," will feature "space combat," and is "full on sci-fi." Eurogamer went on to detail that the game " is not a direct sequel of its previous Call of Duty effort, Ghosts," squashing previous rumors.