The big Rocket League April update is here, bringing a new game mode, Hoops, new flags, new antennas, new arenas, and more!
This update shows Rocket League's appreciation for all things ball, especially basketball. The main features added this time are the new Hoops mode, NBA Flag Pack DLC, new arenas, and mid-game replay saves.
This is a big update which bring both paid and free content with the main focus being NBA themed like the new flags and the Hoops mode. People: Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Added "Country Flags"
|British Virgin Isles||Saint Kitts|
|Cayman Islands||Saint Lucia|
|Cook Islands||Saint Vincent|
|Falkland Island||Sao Tome|
|Grenada||Turks & Caicos|
|Isle of Man||Vanuatu|
Added "NBA Teams"
|(DLC) Atlanta Hawks||(DLC) Miami Heat|
|(DLC) Boston Celtics||(DLC) Milwaukee Bucks|
|(DLC) Brooklyn Nets||(DLC) Minnesota Timberwolves|
|(DLC) Charlotte Hornets||(DLC) New Orleans Pelicans|
|(DLC) Chicago Bulls||(DLC) New York Knicks|
|(DLC) Cleveland Cavaliers||(DLC) Oklahoma City Thunder|
|(DLC) Dallas Mavericks||(DLC) Orlando Magic|
|(DLC) Denver Nuggets||(DLC) Philadelphia 76ers|
|(DLC) Detroit Pistons||(DLC) Phoenix Suns|
|(DLC) Golden State Warriors||(DLC) Portland Trail Blazers|
|(DLC) Houston Rockets||(DLC) Sacramento Kings|
|(DLC) Indiana Pacers||(DLC) San Antonio Spurs|
|(DLC) Los Angeles Clippers||(DLC) Toronto Raptors|
|(DLC) Los Angeles Lakers||(DLC) Utah Jazz|
|(DLC) Memphis Grizzlies||(DLC) Washington Wizards|
Added "Video Game"
|Euro Truck Simulator Rig||Witcher Medallion|
|Goat Simulator – G2||Worms W.M.D.|
|Goat Simulator – Goatenna||Worms W.M.D. Grenade|
|Portal – Wheatley|
- Worms W.M.D.
Changes and Updates
- The “Hoops” 2v2 mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode at any team size.
- Exhibition and Private Match now have a “Game Mode” selector. The mode you select determines which maps you can choose – for instance, “Hoops” can only be played on the “Dunk House” map.
- During Overtime, the in-game UI clock now counts upwards to indicate how long the overtime has lasted.
- New “Cosmic” Arena has been added to the “Rocket Labs” playlist
- After scoring in Free Play, there will no longer be a 3/2/1 countdown.
“Dunks” stats has been added with this DLC.
- When a player scores a basket/goal with any NBA flag equipped, it will increase your stat on that NBA flag.
Players can now trigger an automatic replay save mid-game, so they don’t have to wait until the match concludes and remember to save it then.
- Auto-Save is triggered by holding the activation button during gameplay. When triggered, the save will be queued and a message will appear in the chatbox indicating the action. A replay tick mark is automatically added to the replay at the timestamp the player triggered the autosave.
Players can now manually name (and rename) replays.
- Select “Save Replay” at the end of game and the user can now provide a custom name.
Users can also rename replays in the frontend.
- Mouse/Keyboard – A pencil icon appears when mousing over a replay. Clicking the Pencil brings up the rename dialog.
- Controller – Pressing Triangle button on the Replay menu brings up the rename dialog.
- Spectators will no longer see Camera Shake in Player View if the option is disabled
- Fixed a rare issue that would allow the ball to exit the arena